To be notified when this item is back In Stock, please enter your Email Address below:
You Save: $60.00 (40% Off)
Revolutionary sensing technology enables superior features and performance:
- 10% LEL (Lower Explosive Limit) gas alarm threshold, alerting you to an emergency situation much sooner than traditional technologies that are designed to alarm at 25% LEL
- Virtually eliminates nuisance alarms caused by harsh household chemicals such as laundry detergent, disinfectant spray, aerosol hairspray, furniture polish and others
- Micro-Electro Mechanical System (MEMS) sensor provides accurate and faster detection of Methane gas than traditional type sensors
- MEMS sensor technology allows approximately 5 years of battery life, as compared to 1 year of battery life on conventional sensors
- Battery powered device enables installation close to ceiling (where natural gas is more accurately detected, as natural gas is lighter than air and therefore rises towards the ceiling) without the need of a cosmetically displeasing cord
- Device can be installed in a wider variety of environments compared to traditional technologies, including a temperature range of 32°F to 122°F and a humidity range of 5% to 95% RH, non-condensing
- Voice alert: “Danger – gas leak explosion risk – evacuate, then call 911”
- 5 year warranty for the life of the product. (Battery pack is included - please do not remove plastic wrap around battery pack)
- Features low battery & end of service life notifications to ensure you are always protected
- If the unit detects a potential natural gas leak, the natural gas detector will beep loudly (85 dB from 10 feet away) and provide an audible voice warning to evacuate the building
Easy to install - mounts with one screw, no wiring or bracket necessary:
The New Cosmos Methane Gas Detector should be installed in all rooms where a gas leak may occur or a gas appliance is located. Examples are a kitchen (gas leaks from gas ovens and cook tops), laundry (gas leaks from a gas clothes dryer), and furnace area (gas leaks from furnace burners or boilers). However, do not install closer than 10 feet (3 meters) from gas appliance. It is possible that gas leaks may migrate along pipes so consideration should be given to place gas detectors in multiple rooms. Gas detectors should be located between 4 to 12 inches (0.1 to 0.3 meters) from the ceiling.
|Conforming standards||UL standard (UL1484), FCC certified|
|Detection principle||MEMS hot wire semiconductor sensor|
|Target gas||Methane gas (Natural Gas)|
|Sensor immunity*||Acetone, ethanol, bleach solution|
|Operating temperature range||32°F (0°C) to 122°F (50°C)|
|Operating humidity range||5% to 95%, no condensation|
|Power supply||Battery Operated - CR17450E-R-2-CN DC3V, 300mA|
|Alarm level||10% LEL**|
|Sound pressure||Gas alarm : 85 dB @ 10 ft|
|Dimensions||W 85mm x H 100mm x D 22 mm|
|Installation||Pipe mount by cable ties or wall mount with hardware|
New Cosmos USA warrants this product to be free from defects in material and workmanship for a period of 5 (five) years from the date of purchase. This warranty shall not apply to any batteries used in the product or to any damage which may be caused by such batteries. This warranty applies only to the original consumer purchaser and only to products used in normal residential use and service. If this product is found to be defective, New Cosmos USA will repair or replace the product, at New Cosmos's discretion, provided the product has not been damaged through misuse, abuse, accident, modifications, alterations, neglect or mishandling. This Warranty shall not apply to any product which is found to have been improperly installed, set-up, or used in any way not in accordance with the instructions supplied with the product.
* Validated by Gas Technology Institue report, Evaluation of Residential Methane Detectors, Phase III. Project No. 21696.
** LEL, short for "Lower Explosive Limit", is defined as the lowest concentration (by percentage) of a gas or vapor in air that is capable of producing a flash of fire in presence of an ignition source (arc, flame, heat).
New Cosmos USA Natural Gas Alarms offer protection against the threats of natural gas (or methane) hazards. This natural gas detector is suitable for houses, apartments and manufactured housing. New Cosmos Natural Gas Alarms are manufactured to a 10% LEL gas alarm threshold, alerting you to an emergency much sooner than traditional technologies that are designed to alarm at 25% LEL. This alarm features superior technology that virtually eliminates all nuisance alarms. In addition to an 85 dB alarm warning sound, this natural gas alarm also provides a voice warning "Danger - Gas leak explosion risk - evacuate, then call 911".
The contemporary design is fast and easy to install. No wiring is needed to install this natural gas detector. New Cosmos Natural Gas Alarms are ETL tested and listed to UL1484 Standards. It is advisable to install natural gas detectors in all rooms where a gas leak may occur, or a gas appliance is located. Examples include kitchens, laundry rooms, and furnace areas. The New Cosmos USA ML-310 Natural Gas Alarm comes with a 5-year limited warranty.
Gas detectors should be installed in all rooms where a gas leak may occur or a gas appliance is located. Examples are a kitchen (gas leaks from gas ovens and cook tops), laundry (gas leaks from a gas clothes dryer), and furnace area (gas leaks from furnace burners or boilers). However, do not install closer than 10 feet (3 meters) from gas appliance to avoid false readings. It is possible that gas leaks may migrate along pipes so consideration should be given to place gas detectors in multiple rooms. Gas detectors should be located between 4 to 12 inches (0.1 to 0.3 meters) from the ceiling. Air movement around the detector must not be impeded by items hanging from the ceiling or near the ceiling such as curtains, drapes, ceiling fans. The detector should not be installed in the peak of a cathedral ceiling.
- Open the battery cover on the back of the detector.
- This cover slides out of place. To open, place both thumbs on the back of the battery cover where the battery cover hooks snap into place.
- Push down where the battery cover snaps into place with your thumbs and slide the cover out. Some force is required.
- Connect the included lithium battery by inserting the battery harness connector into the product.
- Do NOT remove the plastic wrap surrounding the battery pack.
- The battery connector has a large notch on it that faces up when installed correctly. There is only one way in which the connector can be installed. A small portion of the connector will be exposed when connected properly. You should hear it click into place.
- After connecting the battery, place the battery with the labels facing down and the battery wires wrapping around the top side of the battery pack. For the best fit, it is recommended to have the negative (-) terminals face toward the outer edge of the detector.
If at any time your natural gas detector's alarm sounds or if you ever smell or hear a natural gas leak:
- Evacuate immediately and take others with you.
- Do not use a phone; light a match; turn on or off lights, flashlights, or appliances; start a car; or do anything else that could create a spark or flame and cause the gas to ignite or explode.
- Call 911 once you are safely outside the premises. You can report leaks anonymously.
- Do not re-enter the premises until told to do so by authorities.
In the event of a gas leak, you may smell natural gas before the natural gas detector's alarm is activated. Whether or not the unit's alarm is sounding, if you smell gas, act fast. Report the leak once you are safely outside.
Once you have determined the proper location for your detector, follow these steps to activate the device:
- Open the see through battery door on the back of the gas detector by pushing down and away from the left side of the door. The door should slide out and to the right, away from the device.
- Connect the included lithium battery pack by inserting the battery harness connector into the back of the device. Once the lithium battery is connected, the gas detector's green LED (power) will flash for 1 second.
- After connecting the battery, insert the pack and connector harness inside the battery compartment and slide back on the battery door.
- After the battery is plugged in, the detector will enter an initialization period for approximately 30 seconds. A "Beep" will sound after this 30 second period and the detector will begin monitoring.
- After the 30 second initialization period, press and hold the Test Switch for more than 3 seconds to test the alarm.
- Congratulations! Your device is ready to detect natural gas and can now be safely mounted.
- Smell - A distinctive, strong odor similar to rotten eggs
- See - A white cloud, mist, fog, bubbles in standing water, blowing dust, or vegetation that appears to be dead or dying for no reason
- Hear - Roaring, hissing, or whistling
The ML-310 detector is easily wall mounted with only one screw, no bracket necessary. Tools you will need: Drill with 3/16" or 5mm drill bit, Phillips head screwdriver & hammer.
- Choose a location on the wall between 4 inches (0.1 meters) to 12 inches (0.3 meters) from the ceiling. Align the detector against the wall and make a mark in the mounting tab of the detector where you will drill the mounting hole.
- Use a 3/16" (5 mm) drill bit to drill the mounting hole.
- Insert the plastic screw anchor into the mounting hole until it is flush with the wall. If necessary, tap it gently with a hammer.
- Tighten the screw into the anchor until the screwhead is about 3/16 inch (5 mm) away from the wall, leaving enough space for the Mounting Tab.
- Hang the Mounting Tab on the screw.
- Lightly tighten the screw to secure the detector.
- Press and hold the Test Switch for more than 3 seconds to test the alarm.
The natural gas detector was designed to be as low maintenance as possible. If the unit's alarm is never activated, the battery inside the natural gas detector should last for approximately five years. If the unit's alarm is activated, the battery will last for less than five years. If the unit begins to sound its low battery signal - a single intermittent chirp - contact New Cosmos Electric Co. at 1-847-749-3064 to obtain a replacement battery; these batteries are not available in stores.
The manufacturer recommends testing the unit at least once a week and cleaning the unit once a month by gently vacuuming the outside of the unit; do not use water, cleaning, and maintenance.
The natural gas detector is a safety device that monitors the air in the area where the unit is installed in your home. If the unit detects a potential natural gas leak in that area, it will beep loudly (similar to a smoke detector) and provide the following audible alarm: "Danger. Gas-leak explosion risk. Evacuate, then call 911."
Yes. Since the unit is powered by an internal battery, the natural gas detector should continue to function during a power outage.
No, the natural gas detector will only detect the presence of natural gas in the area where the unit is installed. It will not detect fire, heat, smoke or the presence of any other gases, including carbon monoxide (CO).
No, the natural gas detector will only monitor the air in the area where the unit is installed. Natural gas leaks could be present in other areas and/or on other floors of your home or building without reaching the natural gas detector. As such, the unit's alarm may not sound in the event of a natural gas leak in a remote part of your home or building. Doors or the obstructions may also affect the rate at which natural gas reaches the natural gas detector. You should install separate gas detectors as needed in other areas of your home where natural gas appliances are used.
No, the natural gas detector's alarm may not be heard in all rooms or situations. Since the natural gas detector is installed in a limited area of your home or building - such as the kitchen, for example - people sleeping or awake in other rooms or on other floors may not hear the unit's alarm in the event of a natural gas leak. People may not hear the alarm if the sound is at a distance and/or blocked by closed doors and/or other obstructions. Noise from traffic, stereos, radios, televisions, air conditioners, appliances, or other sources may also prevent people from hearing the unit. The unit's alarm is not intended for people who are hearing impaired.
We make it as easy as possible to ensure you get the lowest prices available: