New Cosmos Natural Gas Detector - ML-310
Revolutionary sensing technology enables superior features and performance:
- 10% LEL (Lower Explosive Limit) gas alarm threshold, alerting you to an emergency situation much sooner than traditional technologies that are designed to alarm at 25% LEL
- Virtually eliminates nuisance alarms caused by harsh household chemicals such as laundry detergent, disinfectant spray, aerosol hairspray, furniture polish and others
- Micro-Electro Mechanical System (MEMS) sensor provides accurate and faster detection of Methane gas than traditional type sensors
- MEMS sensor technology allows approximately 5 years of battery life, as compared to 1 year of battery life on conventional sensors
- Battery powered device enables installation close to ceiling (where natural gas is more accurately detected, as natural gas is lighter than air and therefore rises towards the ceiling) without the need of a cosmetically displeasing cord
- Device can be installed in a wider variety of environments compared to traditional technologies, including a temperature range of 32°F to 122°F and a humidity range of 5% to 95% RH, non-condensing
- Voice alert: “Danger – gas leak explosion risk – evacuate, then call 911”
- 5 year warranty for the life of the product. (Battery pack is included - please do not remove plastic wrap around battery pack)
- Features low battery & end of service life notifications to ensure you are always protected
- If the unit detects a potential natural gas leak, the natural gas detector will beep loudly (85 dB from 10 feet away) and provide an audible voice warning to evacuate the building
Easy to install - mounts with one screw, no wiring or bracket necessary:
The New Cosmos Methane Gas Detector should be installed in all rooms where a gas leak may occur or a gas appliance is located. Examples are a kitchen (gas leaks from gas ovens and cook tops), laundry (gas leaks from a gas clothes dryer), and furnace area (gas leaks from furnace burners or boilers). However, do not install closer than 10 feet (3 meters) from gas appliance. It is possible that gas leaks may migrate along pipes so consideration should be given to place gas detectors in multiple rooms. Gas detectors should be located between 4 to 12 inches (0.1 to 0.3 meters) from the ceiling.
|Conforming standards||UL standard (UL1484), FCC certified|
|Detection principle||MEMS hot wire semiconductor sensor|
|Target gas||Methane gas (Natural Gas)|
|Sensor immunity*||Acetone, ethanol, bleach solution|
|Operating temperature range||32°F (0°C) to 122°F (50°C)|
|Operating humidity range||5% to 95%, no condensation|
|Power supply||Battery Operated - CR17450E-R-2-CN DC3V, 300mA|
|Alarm level||10% LEL**|
|Sound pressure||Gas alarm : 85 dB @ 10 ft|
|Dimensions||W 85mm x H 100mm x D 22 mm|
|Installation||Pipe mount by cable ties or wall mount with hardware|
New Cosmos USA warrants this product to be free from defects in material and workmanship for a period of 5 (five) years from the date of purchase. This warranty shall not apply to any batteries used in the product or to any damage which may be caused by such batteries. This warranty applies only to the original consumer purchaser and only to products used in normal residential use and service. If this product is found to be defective, New Cosmos USA will repair or replace the product, at New Cosmos's discretion, provided the product has not been damaged through misuse, abuse, accident, modifications, alterations, neglect or mishandling. This Warranty shall not apply to any product which is found to have been improperly installed, set-up, or used in any way not in accordance with the instructions supplied with the product.
* Validated by Gas Technology Institue report, Evaluation of Residential Methane Detectors, Phase III. Project No. 21696.
** LEL, short for "Lower Explosive Limit", is defined as the lowest concentration (by percentage) of a gas or vapor in air that is capable of producing a flash of fire in presence of an ignition source (arc, flame, heat).
New Cosmos USA Natural Gas Alarms offer protection against the threats of natural gas (or methane) hazards. This natural gas detector is suitable for houses, apartments and manufactured housing. New Cosmos Natural Gas Alarms are manufactured to a 10% LEL gas alarm threshold, alerting you to an emergency much sooner than traditional technologies that are designed to alarm at 25% LEL. This alarm features superior technology that virtually eliminates all nuisance alarms. In addition to an 85 dB alarm warning sound, this natural gas alarm also provides a voice warning "Danger - Gas leak explosion risk - evacuate, then call 911".
The contemporary design is fast and easy to install. No wiring is needed to install this natural gas detector. New Cosmos Natural Gas Alarms are ETL tested and listed to UL1484 Standards. It is advisable to install natural gas detectors in all rooms where a gas leak may occur, or a gas appliance is located. Examples include kitchens, laundry rooms, and furnace areas. The New Cosmos USA ML-310 Natural Gas Alarm comes with a 5-year limited warranty.
If you are interested in ordering a large quantity of items you may qualify for volume pricing discounts. Volume Discount Pricing is a great way for customers to save big on large, bulk orders of most items available in our store. Please send a bulk order request to our friendly sales staff so they may create a quote and provide personal service for your order! You will receive a response within 1-2 business days and our office hours are Monday through Friday, 8am-5pm CST.
- Let us know what products & the quantities you are interested in.
- Get a detailed quote from a dedicated sales rep.
- Our warehouse ships directly to you.
- You enjoy the savings & are now a preferred customer.